Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blueberry Oatmeal with Toasted Pecans and Coconut

SO typically I am a savory breakfast kinda girl. I like breakfast burritos, eggs benedict and anything I can put salsa on. Well this morning, I felt like oatmeal. And oatmeal did I make...

 
Pin It
 

Note: This is just enough for 2 people.

1-3/4 C. Milk
1 C. Quaker Quick Cooking Oats
1/8 Tsp. Salt
1/4 C. Blueberries
1 Tsp. Butter
1 Tsp. Brown Sugar
1/8 C. Pecans, chopped
1/8 C. Shredded Coconut

Boil the milk and salt in a saucepan. Add the oatmeal and turn down to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
While the oatmeal is cooking, melt butter in a small sauce pan. Add the nuts and brown sugar. Saute until nuts start to brown and are glazed with the sugar. Add the coconut and keep stirring until toasty.

The oatmeal should be done. You may need to add a little more milk if you like it creamy. At this point I add a handful of blueberries and stir over medium heat until they start "popping" and letting their juice come out.

Divide the oatmeal into two bowl and top with the crispy pecans and coconut and few more fresh blueberries. I added a little granola on top for some more added crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment