Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quick and Easy DIY Decor Project : Fabric Wrapped Canvas

So, true story: My roommate and I at the time had moved into our new apt, just painted and were going to have a party. However, we had nothing on our new accent wall...and it looked really blah. Having zero budget per usual, buying art was out of the question. By buying art, I mean shopping at
Marshalls or Homegoods, nothing fancy! So I looked around the house... I managed to find 3 canvases... (although not everyone has these laying around... they are easy to find at thrift stores, typically with an ugly painting on front.) Mine were old paintings that I had done and hated and just never painted over. SO, I started thinking....what can I cover them with, or should I paint something else?? Time was of the essence, so I took a tablecloth I had bought at World Market (approx. $8), cut it into 3 pieces and wrapped the canvases like a present and hot glued the edges!

Voile! An easy fix to a boring wall. You can use fabric, paper, wallpaper or anything you can wrap with a clean folded corner. I used hot glue becuase that I what I had- but a staple gun would be ideal.


I used a fun print that looks different on each panel, but you can use different fabrics or prints-- I like the cohesiveness of the same solid color- it adds a punch but isn't too busy.

Quick, Simple and Inexpensive.


-E

My Version


If you need a step by step, check this out:
http://fabyoubliss.com/2012/02/13/fabulous-diy-fabric-covered-canvas-wall-decor/

No comments:

Post a Comment