Friday, January 3, 2014

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am not a baker. It does not come naturally to me....that whole measuring and precision thing. BUT, I really wanted some cookies... so I looked online for the "best chocolate chip cookies" and this was the recipe I found.

It's cookie time.


1 C. Butter, softened
1 C. White Sugar
1 C. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
2 Tsp. Hot Water
1/2 Tsp. Salt
3 C. All Purpose Flour
2 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 C. Walnuts, Chopped

Preheat oven to 350. In a stand mixer, blend butter and sugars. Add one egg at a time while mixing and then vanilla. In a small cup, dissolve the baking soda in the water; then add to batter along with salt. Mix in one cup of flour at a time. Add chocolate chips and walnuts.

On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop small spoonful's of the cookie batter-- it will be stiff and sticky.  The original recipe suggests a 10 minute cook time... My sheets averages 15 minutes each. Use your judgment, be careful not to overcook!

This was definitely a delicious cookie! Soft and chewy, but a little sweeter* than I typically prefer so I suggest cutting both sugars to 3/4 C.  Oh and because I am an awesome wife.. I added 1/2 C. Peanut Butter Chips to Scooters half :)

*Follow up-- the next AM, they were perfect....I think they just tasted extra sweet out of the oven. Perhaps leave the sugar...you choose!

Enjoy,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment