Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Leftover Pulled Pork- Part I Red Pork Curry

My husband loves smoking meat--- he will put an 8 lb. pork butt on the smoker and expect us to eat it for 2 weeks! Man, the same meat gets old! You can only eat pulled pork with bbq sauce for so many days (unless you are my husband and he could eat it every day...forever). So, I get creative. I know not everyone has an excess of smoked meats lying around-- but the idea is innovating with what you have!!!

By no means authentic Thai- but a yummy weeknight meal!


Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Can Coconut Milk
3 Tbsp. Red Curry Paste (I used Thai Kitchen)
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 C. Assorted Veggies (I used frozen peas)
2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
1/4 C. Chopped Cilantro
Sriracha

In a large pan, heat olive oil and sauté the onions for a few minutes. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and sugar until well blended; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pork. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until the meat is heated and add fish sauce. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. I served over egg noodles, but would be great over rice. I of course added a couple dashes sriracha, cause who doesn't like a little spice?

Simple, tasty- and quick! You can make this recipe with chicken breasts--- just sauté with the onion first!

Enjoy,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment